IVI 3D Printer | Forum

General Feedback

Has this project just died …? Is weekly update to much at this stage … we are talking admin 200 words status update… 1page some fotos…

1 Like

is their active facebook /twitter

I would expect a final timeline and targets …
if not available at this stage , we are in seriouse problems…

Project plan…

I honestly don’t trust or believe anything this project has said or shown in the last year. By now, they should have started offering refunds. Month after Month of long email statuses which don’t really say anything more than new ways of saying “SORRY for another DELAY”. China is already fully back up to speed, where is my printer?

3 Likes

Is this the pessimistic complainers thread?
There have been one update per month so far, occuring at the middle of the month (except for August which was 1 week early).
Things always look easy when we don’t have do to them, pushing such a design to prod is a hard task, people who work in the industry know it.
So far they’ve been really transparent about what was challenging them. I feel this topic is not really honest.

13 Likes

They were pretty clear with the last update that testing takes time and they would update us when testing was complete.
What did you people expect when you backed a Kickstarter program?!?
If they had the product ready to ship on day one they wouldn’t have needed backing.
Grow up

12 Likes

I have been in manufacturing industry fo 40 years… If project plan slips, no updated plan time schedule supplied , communication updates dwindle become irregular, It is clear indication that project is in trouble.

And No this is not s pessimistic thread it is reality… Project Team should wake up and do the project managment that is clearly lacking… not updating and keeping their stakholders hsppy.

I dont expect a refund. as kickstarter does not require one…

What I require is common project management with weekly updates, or even a blunt statment…Sorry project has over spent its budget, are you willing to double what you have commited, or do we cut our loses and write this off to expierience…and start IVI-ii

I believe we as stakeholders have become complacent…

We should become more active , voice our opinions.

Negative as well as constructive…

What i feel we need to see is active participation between all stakeholders…

A more structured project plan, progress on plan, discussions. These breeds confidince in project.

We dont need to attack each other…

Yes I feel as if this was bad investment…but it will not help crying over it , but I can voice my opinion… that helps me feel better, and provides feedback to team.

1 Like

I agree we shouldn’t be attacking each other but your negativity and badgering helps no one. Its possible to question progress without calling the people doing the work frauds.

They have enlisted the help of other backers on PCB designs and such. I highly doubt someone trying to steal our money is risking potential exposure by bringing in outside help on a fake project.
They gave us an updated timeline for shipping Dec 2020. It’s still Sept. 2020. Your anger is misplaced.

I will agree there was a point earlier this year where updates were not frequent enough. But the last communication was <1 month ago. It specifically states that the testing takes time and focus and we will be updated once they have results.

4 Likes

Harold what you require and what you are entitled to are completely different, it nice to know you have been in the manufacturing industry for 40 years, IVI are just over 1 year, maybe rather than complaining about the process not being correct you reach out and see if they need any of your tacit knowledge.

And just to be clear you are not a stakeholder. You went onto a website called Kickstarter to help people start up the dream of an idea with the intention that they will provide you with a working product at the end of it. You did not receive shares in the company or any position to warrant demands

2 Likes

It is not being entitled to information, any decent project manager would make that information available, and you are missing the point, maybe semantics but a stakeholder is any entity with a interest in a business or concern, I don’t need to be a shareholder to be a stakeholder, hence the choice of words, and you are wrong it is expected from stakeholders to show interest and concern in their ventures, how else would one improve the concern, by not being outspoken you tacitly accept the outcome.

And if my complaining helps get a product and or decent feedback I think all the stakeholders will benefit.

As for providing my service it is up for the asking, but the funding provided by us the kick starters should have opened all the doors needed and hired all the assistance they needed, if they did not they have made a serious mistake.

Extract from Kickstarter 101

What do backers get in return?

Follow

Backers that support a project on Kickstarter get an inside look at the creative process, and help that project come to life. They also get to choose from a variety of unique rewards offered by the project creator. Rewards vary from project to project, but often include a copy of what is being produced (CD, DVD, book, etc.) or an experience unique to the project. Backers can also opt to pledge for a project without selecting a reward.

Project creators keep 100% ownership of their work, and Kickstarter cannot be used to offer equity, financial returns, or to solicit loans.

Extract from How Projects Work

“When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward . Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.”

So yes I am entitled to demand progress and for the reward promised."

“Kickstarter doesn’t offer refunds.** Responsibility for finishing a project lies entirely with the project creator. Kickstarter doesn’t hold funds on creators’ behalf, cannot guarantee creators’ work, and does not offer refunds.”

So yes I cannot hold Kickstarter responsible, but the creator IVI is not absolved from his obligation.

I have seen argument made over and over you funded a project on Kickstarter you can’t expect…

that statement is total BullS**t . Go and read Kickstarter’s terms of use.

I am entitled to what was marketed … Yes not from Kickstarter (they are just facilitators) but from the creator, and in such venture as this with 2453 stakeholder / Backers we definitely have a big say.

And without an active plan we cannot hold IVI accountable, thus I request that they submit their Plan, publish it, we can then comment on it and track progress on it. Current progress is reporting what was done and what is to be done but without a goal / target / plan it does not give an indication of projects progress. A simple timeline with milestones and target dates.

I an hoping the project has these in place all I am asking is to make this visible to the backers (stakeholders) and meet your obligation in showing progress.

1 Like

Harold, I understand you feel owed something…that something is the end product. “When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfil each reward . Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.” Where does it say in that statement that you get more than just the end product. Where does it say you are entitled to see the inner workings of the business and their plans etc. It doesn’t all IVI owe you is the finished product if they are successful. The 2453 Backers (stakeholders = Customers with no influence) all we are entitled to is the end product. I really don’t understand why you think complaining as the “Voice of the Backers” is a constructive way to ask for anything. I am curious did you do a vote to find out if the Backers have become complacent or are you offering a non factual negative comment. Politely asking for progress is one thing ranting demands is another.

1 Like

Hi see kickstarters handbook

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/handbook/updates?ref=handbook_fulfillment

Also from from kickstarter

• When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward to the best of their abilities. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised, honestly address backers’ concerns, and deliver rewards. *

I am not asking for inner workings, i am asking for project plan … schedule time line, they have already provided such a year ago, that was not met… they have not made a updated plan available.

they have not updated expected completion and schedule for deliveries…

Are you happy with the current status of project… if so on what basis do you measure it… as far as i am concerned their is no set goals and cannot be evaluated…

they started out initially meeting expectations of keeping us informed, since the wheels have fallen off their is no …

they promised a product with high specs, surley they should make available how they test and verify these, when are they testing… if you modify your design change components testing has to be redone… I understand all these take time,

And yes I have started a poll to try and establish the backers feel of state, please feel free to join and submit your feeling.

I am hoping that this project succeeds. The suggestions is to the benefit of all, why would you not want to know the plan and status of project…?

Harold, I am sorry but I feel you are wrong, in both your facts and opinion.

Also from from kickstarter

When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward to the best of their abilities. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised, honestly address backers’ concerns , and deliver rewards.

RESPONSE: They are doing this every month and addressing backers concerns, someone asked for a video to show progress - we got it. What they are not doing is trolling through a load of complaints with demands, as yours are.

I am not asking for inner workings, i am asking for project plan … schedule time line, they have already provided such a year ago, that was not met… they have not made a updated plan available.

RESPONSE:: The current timeline is Dec 2020 for the first batch, until they change it; that is what I am working to, The have visually shown that they are in final testing and debugging phase so you know where we are in the project. You have no rights or entitled to their project plan or schedule above and beyond this.

they have not updated expected completion and schedule for deliveries…
RESPONSE::Yes they have Dec 2020.

Are you happy with the current status of project… if so on what basis do you measure it… as far as i am concerned their is no set goals and cannot be evaluated…

RESPONSE:: Yes I am, this is a startup company with limited resources, expertise in the field, no established product to work from as a baseline.

they started out initially meeting expectations of keeping us informed, since the wheels have fallen off their is no …

RESPONSE:: When they started off they were heading down a track of failure, they had external consultants tell them that they need to have more rigour in there development or they would fail. After restructuring their approach they added on many months of going back to the drawing board. They also found there the original suppliers were not to the expected quality standards. At the beginning of this year they were hit by Covid as were the whole world, I have no doubt that they were making sure that their workforce were safe to continue work, you must know that this process takes time and massively impacts output, many major companies still have staff on furlough and therefore as of yet not back to full capacity.

they promised a product with high specs, surely they should make available how they test and verify these, when are they testing… if you modify your design change components testing has to be redone… I understand all these take time,

RESPONSE::Why should they do more than they are currently demonstrating to you through the monthly update and additional video and photos etc. At the start of this project there was no formal communication approach for us to sign up to, so contractually you are getting more than required. I believe that IVI have given more information throughout the course of the project than most kickstarters projects.

And yes I have started a poll to try and establish the backers feel of state, please feel free to join and submit your feeling.
RESPONSE:: Sorry where is your poll, surely you don’t mean this thread?

I am hoping that this project succeeds. The suggestions is to the benefit of all, why would you not want to know the plan and status of project…?
RESPONSE:: As customers we know the plan, they are currently in test and debugging with the intension to meet the DEC20 production date. I am sure they will let us know when that is not achievable.

Harold please take a step back and voice your individual concerns in a constructive manor that can give IVI a chance to answer rather making a demand in a negative way.

2 Likes
  1. What video are you referring to…
  2. I have not seen any new time line posted where do you get Dec 2020
  3. Updates only commenced 5 months ago when I registered for an update it had gone stale with no updates forthcoming
  4. Look at this forum, there are only a handful of posts every month, not to talk about Facebook. In my opinion when regular and once a month is not regular enough it indicates that the project is under stress, and as I say maybe i am on wrong forum but I don’t see the timeline you mentioned, I don’t see a schedule we need to test this by xx
  5. These are basic project management tasks that takes little effort.
  6. Why not post a live DashBoard, it will take a person 1 minute a day to update and we have all feedback
  7. The lack of participation on the forum is also scary, I would have believed one of team members would have replied to me.
  8. Maybe I missed it … are you one of the team members…?

Harold Coetzee
X-Link Systems CC
Cell 083 226 5505

Hi Harrold,

It just occurred to me that you may not be navigating this forum correctly and seeing the updates?
Status Update [Mid-July] This states a DEC 2020 as delivery date.
Progress Update [Early August]. This display progress photos and a video.

Regards,

Martin

I have seen this but that reference to dec2020 is no timeline and has no commitment to what is progress leading up to it, as to the photos and video’s yes it shows activity but not progress…

Surely a time line is something like they had in the launch…

1-Aug start with testing a
10- aug build x prototypes
31-aug complete this
15 sep retest design criteria as we have changed design we need to re validate specs
a one line stating hoping to deliver by 30 dec is no time line in project management.

Progress is shown relative to your plan 1- Aug we have completed testing , 10-aug building of prototypes at 80 % we can make up for lost time by…

showing me photos and video not related to the timeline is not showing actual progress, but that their is activity and that testing is been done are they on schedule or behind schedule.

even their post indicate that they will publish a timeline for the last two months none forth coming…

Reply a timeline at least should list Activity, Start , End, Progress, …