IVI 3D Printer | Forum

Give us an update on when we will see the printer

Please give us an update. It is CRITICAL to be honest and forthcoming and give us an update. Tell us the truth. Tell us how you went from 100 miles per hour to zero. What happened?
Are you going to deliver?
If not, what is the process for a refund.
Please update ASAP.

Hi @davekorpi, please check our last update in Apil 18 for the information. We will have another update in May as we are focusing on solving the problems mentioned in the last update, especially the problems with the control board.
We are still working towards the goal of delivering. The refund is not considered yet. We are focusing on getting the printer up and running again with a stable and reproducible control board. This is a big challenge to overcome in a short time. Please give us some extra time. We will surely update all of you.

4 Likes

Helen

It is sooooo nice to hear from you. I remember your near weekly posts. It was very very comforting and educational.

It is important that you keep the lines of communication open. This gives us confidence in your team. It is important to report on a regular basis, similar to your communication at the start of the project.

Believe it or not you will likely find a number of folks who have supported the project who may be able to help. And, I am sure they would enjoy collaborating to help you. There are guys and gals out there capable of creating control systems to balance a ball bearing on the end of a pencil while flying loops in a drone. And, right now, they may be itching for a challenge. I can promise you that someone with extraordinary talent is reading this right now.

Please know you have demonstrated a superior product and it is not uncommon to run into snags. You are so close. Do not give up or lose that drive.

Let us help. Let us support you.

Please let us know how we can help as we are all eager to enjoy the printer. If it had a flow meter in it I could help on that side but, alas, it lacks those.

I wish you and your team a spectacular finish of the project.

Thanks,

Dave Korpi
Take 5, Inc.

Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your encouragement and support from the very beginning and now. All the comments from every backer like you, positive or negative, they only make us feel the urge and responsibility to complete the printer and complete it well.

We would love to share the progress of other R&D groups besides the electronic hardware group, like the LCD & the slicer groups. But because the LCD & the slicer can only be finalized after it is tested on the printer, we feel it would be more responsible to share these progress after they are fully tested. That’s also why we mentioned in the last update that the problem with the control board was a big setback and challenge as it hinders the progress of testing and production.

We have three engineers working on the control board parallelly now. According to the latest plan, we may have a stable and reproducible electronic hardware solution in early June. This is a positive result and a result that we are trying our best to ensure. We do have a backer who is helping to review the new schematic design. We are very grateful for that. If there is any other backer who can help us in any other way. We’d love to that as well.

Thank you and stay safe.
Helen

5 Likes

crowd funded projects don’t typically offer refunds as it is a gamble

I have faith that they will deliver and keep forging ahead to become a good company with many more amazing offerings in the future

2 Likes

All,

I believe that they are indeed trying to produce a real printer in good faith. Yes, they were in way over their heads. They have been treading water for quite a while now. I’m just hoping they can get it together before they drown in debt.

I believe that they are a group of perfectionist. As such, they get need to overcome needing everything to be ‘perfect’. If they are waiting for the printer to be ‘perfect’ they will never deliver a printer. No product is ever ‘perfect’ it’s only after users interact with a functional product that iteration can be properly done.

They need to ship a ‘functional’ product. Then as feedback comes in fix the problems and ship upgraded or replacement parts to their user base as they iterate.

Most of the backers can handle updating their units physically if provided with replacement parts and detailed instructions. The 3D printing crowd for the most part loves to tinker and improve things.

Negativity resolves nothing.

Cheers,
Bryan Silversten

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums John (Grimsson).

So now you’re also going to make a big deal here that IVI has been lying, etc and that they are a scam?
Why? what good does it do you or others, when everyone in the forum (at least for now) is a KS backer. Everybody has had all the info, probably seen the FB posts, have seen the KS info.
As I said I still believe and trust in them, as do many other people. If you don’t then that’s your right.
However why do you have to keep expressing it over and over to more or less the same group of people?
We know what you think and many don’t believe the same.
If you want your money back go and try. It feels like you’re just pissed because you didn’t get your money back and are venting your frustation by saying all the things you say.

I do not mind people asking questions or being critical but you’re not trying to have a discussion or argument, no you’re simply accusing people of a lot of stuff based on your beliefs (doesn’t mean it might not be true but you have no proof). In the end it doesn’t help anyone.
There are 2 scenario’s you’re right or you are not.

• You’re right, still won’t change anything for the people in the forum because they already paid long ago. The best time to fight it is if they stop giving proper updates or if something really fishy things start happening (I haven’t seen anything out of the ordinary yet). Since the group of people doesn’t change (much) just about everyone has probably seen your comments and IVI for sure knows them. So what good does a negative comment do. In the end it probably won’t help anyone.

• You’re wrong, which is likely but no-one can know at the moment.
    Not only did you contribute a lot of (unnecessary) negativity to a discussion platform. You also claimed a whole lot of stuff about people that was wrong.

In both situations you didn’t start a constructive discussion or contribute stuff to an actual discussion.
So why are you still here claiming that people from IVI are this or that? What is the point?

If you say anything about delays and that you needed it for business related stuff then you’re just being a selfish idiot. Do not rely on KS products for a business, ever, for a business you buy off the shelf products/parts. (not sure who was complaining about this but saw some comments about it)

4 Likes

Oh no. John has found his way to the forums, a black period is ahead. John, please go back to Facebook and continue lying over there, because that’s a thing we can prove. Facts! Bye John!

2 Likes

Hi Helen,

I would like to offer my services in reviewing the schematics or any other way I can help. I’m a electronics design engineer by trade and have over 30 years of experience and as a backer would like to help you fulfill this dream with you.

Regards
Robin

8 Likes

Robin!
You ROCK!!

Thanks,

Dave Korpi

22642 Indian Springs Road

Salinas, CA 93908

831•455•0418

Dave.Korpi@gmail.com

2 Likes

You are the type of person who buys shares, does not understand the market or information given, then moans when the stock price goes down. KS is a risk and you know that when you buy into the project. Stop wasting everyone’s time with your bile and please grow up. Unless that’s all you have to do in life and if so you have my sincere apologies for misunderstanding you.

4 Likes

I don’t understand how you making claims like this is going to help anyone.

This is a kickstarter campaign, they never advertised it as ready to ship. They had their prototype, and for mass production some things had to be changed, and sadly they still have to figure stuff out. Which is a bummer, but they have always been open about the situation.

I think many people on the forum and on kickstarter or facebook could agree with the fact that they give us a good amount of updates, info, inside news, ect. and they are indeed trying to get it to a good ending. If it were to be a scam they would be long gone!

The reason why they might still be doing pre-orders is probably to ensure that they don’t go bankrupt as fast as they would without it.

The only thing your words can do is harm. discourage both the IVI team and the community, so i’d advise you to keep your words to yourself.

Oh, and… weekly posts during this corona is not even viable…What can they do in a week if everything is slowed down all over the world… I rather have an update every month.

5 Likes

Hey Kraken

I’ll give you $50 for your IVI printer order so at least have $50.

You can write a document transferring it to me and then you do not have to mess with the forum.

Just think, you’ll be at least $50 ahead.

All my info below.

When I get the document and I get an OK with IVI I will send you the $50.

Thanks,

Dave Korpi

22642 Indian Springs Road

Salinas, CA 93908

831•455•0418

Dave.Korpi@gmail.com

8 Likes

I agree negativity solves nothing but…

He does have a point.

“For starters quit making pre-sales, quit going to trade shows trying to sell a machine as if it’s going to be produced shortly”

I also suggested they quit advertising on sites like Instagram. There is no finished product and marketing takes money. Money that will be put to better use finalizing the machine. If the machine is everything they promised it will sell itself.

1 Like

I told you can believe whatever you want as can anyone else. NO ONE right now can proof anything.
Only time will tell.

You feel that you have more reasons to justify your points of view.
However in a discussion you have to provide arguments to convince others of your point of view.
In none of your comments have I read anything that could be considered proof, and also nothing that was convincing to me as a valid argument.

All I’ve read is that because IVI is taking much longer then they initially stated (and estimated) you think that they have been lying and that all the updates are false (also lies). Still I see no reason to believe that they are all false (if I was scamming people I would have gotten out already quite a while ago, because wasted effort and lost resources).

Therefor why waste your and our time by telling the same people the same thing?
It will only create annoyed people and negativity.

The selling of pre-productions is very common in the industry and happens all the time, this is not something just IVI does, I also understand why they do it. (doesn’t mean I completely agree with the practice but it’s very understandable and normal)

Again I also want to point out one thing that most people forget about or just don’t seem to understand, that going from a prototype to a production unit can take VERY long. With kickstarters it’s actually often much faster than standard industry (this can vary from 6 months to over 5 years). Anything shorter than 6 months is usually exceptional or a very simple product, maybe a simple ruler or something like that.

But hey if you truly feel like it’s all a scam and a lie and you have already tried getting your money back and you didn’t then just sell it to @davekorpi for the 50 In the end 50 is better than 0
If you don’t want to sell then that means you at least still have a sliver of hope that they might succeed :wink: Should you have that sliver of hope, try to use that when visiting the forums, that’s all I ask.
If you have good arguments and/or proof (which has to be new from what you have shown already) then I’m very willing to have a discussion about it and you might convince me. However if you do then start a new topic for it and please do not post it in a random topic.

2 Likes

I hope they contact you to discuss it. Thanks for offering your expertise to basically help everyone here :grin:

1 Like

Hi Dave & Bob,

Thanks for you feedback, I like you are are expecting a great product and I thought we where close to that some months ago! But now having to re-design the main element of the printer the control board is very worrying indeed at this late stage. There are probably many other experts in fields that could have been called upon to assist in this project, you know it’s alright to ask for help. If they are stuck on something put it out there and you’ll get a response.

Lets hope things get moving again in the right direction…

P.s. Haven’t heard a dicky bird from IVI yet, there’s always hope…

rlb-designs.com

Regards
Robin

1 Like

Hi Robin, thank you so much for your kind offer. Please private message me your email address and we will send you the new design to review. :handshake:

2 Likes

I will send you my email as well. I am a PCB designer and can review the gerb.

1 Like